Friday, January 24, 2014

Getting ready for Abby!

Saturday, we cleared out our guest room to make way for Abby to arrive.

Sunday, we had a family day of painting. Jake even wanted to help!
Jake helped out by playing in this and letting Brian and me get to work!
I had planned on painting the nursery the base pink color Sunday and then my mom would come on Monday (she had off school for the MLK holiday), but Brian didn't think it was a great idea for me at 6 1/2 months pregnant to do all.  So, Brian did almost all of it (instead of watching the NFC and AFC championship games!).
My sister, Andrea, had given me a pamphlet a couple of weeks ago that showed a nursery painted with pink and green stripes and we thought it would look good with the bedding I had. So when Mom arrived we got to work doing some math to figure out the measurements of the stripes! Jake took a long nap so Mom was then able to help me tape the stripes and then I started painting while Mom and Jake had lunch, she took him for a walk, and played outside with him.
Here is the nursery with the finished paint job...






No comments:

Post a Comment