Thursday, September 6, 2012

24 Weeks


How far along? 24 Weeks
Baby Movement: Yes ~ Jacob Brian was not in my ribs or sticking his foot in my side as much this week so that was greatly appreciated! 
Maternity Clothes... I wore 2 pairs of maternity shorts this past weekend, but have not worn any this week.
Sleep: Great!  Usually I wake up about 15-20 minutes before my alarm, but this week I have only been waking up a few minutes before.  I haven't had to get up as much in the middle of the night for the bathroom either!
It's fun being pregnant... And just seeing people's faces light up when they see my baby bump.  The ladies at school are so funny with the huge smiles they get when they see me.  I love hearing their stories of when they were pregnant. 
Pregnancy Brain is Real... I have had several scatterbrained moments.  I am having a hard time learning and remembering my students' names this year!  I feel so bad!  Another moment... One morning I needed to get gas and when I got to the gas station, I could not find my wallet.  I called Brian and told him that I was going to have to come by his office and get his debit card (while praying that I would not run out of gas first!).  While talking to Brian, he helped me think about where my wallet had been and then I remembered that my purse had fallen over and my wallet was just on the side of the passenger seat! 
I loved... being at the lake with several babies this weekend for Labor Day and seeing how great Brian did with them.  Kylie (8 months) and Avery Joy (5 1/2 months) definitely are big fans of their Uncle Brian!  Kylie loved for Brian to hold her and play with her.  Brian and I watched Emily Grace and Avery Joy one night so my sister, Andrea, and her husband could go out to dinner to celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary.  Brian got Avery Joy to sleep right before we sat down for dinner so we were able to eat without having to hold her.  Avery Joy did wake up in time for dessert though so Brian got some experience holding a baby and trying to eat.
Funny moment... (This was from the previous week and I forgot to post, but it still makes me laugh!)Emily Grace told me one night "my mommy was never as big as you!"  Then the next morning I was smaller and when we got to church she said "No one is even going to know you have a baby in there now!"
How have I been feeling... This week was a really good week.  No complaints at all!
Food cravings: Still bagels and cream cheese ~ even had that for dinner Wednesday night on my way to church.
Looking forward to: A weekend at home with Brian.  We have been pretty busy and have a lot going on the rest of the month, so I am really looking forward to just being home together.  We are going to register at Target (Brian is going to go with me ~ I figured Target was a good place for him to go with me to register since there are only a few baby aisles and won't be too overwhelming!).  We are also going to look for paint colors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment