Sunday, October 14, 2012

29 Weeks



How far along? 29Weeks (on Thursday, October 11)
Baby Movement: Jake is definitely very active!!!  I hope he is getting all of his energy out now and then will sleep well once he is here!!!
Sleep: A couple of nights were not great, but overall still pretty good.  I really should not complain because I know people who are sleeping worse than me and they are not pregnant.
Some highlights from the week... Friday: Brian and I headed down the to the lake after work.  We grabbed Chick-fil-A for dinner (and breakfast and lunch the next the day so we wouldn't have to go the grocery store).  The Braves were playing a one-game Wildcard playoff game and we wanted to get to the lakehouse to watch that.  It was Chipper Jones' last game, but unfortunately an umpire ruined the game by a horrible call.  Saturday: Brandon, Lindsay, and Kylie joined us at the lake.  We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon on the boat.  This was the last boat ride of the season as the guys took the boat out of the water and covered it for winter.  Lindsay, Kylie, and I went shopping in downtown Greensboro looking for some nautical decorations for Jake's room. Brian and I headed back home to Grayson to watch the Georgia game and to be home for church Sunday.  Sunday: we went to Sunday School and church.  Monday: I left work early, but I did feel better after I ate some food.  I was able to get some things done around the house then.  Tuesday: Left work 2 hours early to make it to my doctor's appointment on time.  Wednesday: Another fun evening at church with the class of 2016 girls.  We planned out the rest of the month and are planning to paint little pumpkins for the nursing home.
How have I been feeling... Pretty good except I learned that I will need a snack before bed now.  Going almost 12 hours from the time I finish dinner until I eat breakfast was too long.  I left work early Monday because I was feeling very weak.  I went to mom's house and she gave me some fruit and a peanut butter sandwich.  We have started making fruit smoothies as a bedtime snack now.
Food cravings: Anything that is pumpkin spice flavor.  I bought pumpkin spice milk, bagels, cream cheese, and yogurt.

Looking forward to: a weekend at home getting some things done.  On the to-do list is painting some nursery furniture, going to a consignment sale, painting the nursery ceiling, putting up a shelf in the garage, planting tulips, and I am sure there is more that will be added to the list.
Doctor Stuff:   Went to the doctor on Tuesday and everything was checking out great.  I am measuring at a good weight, my vitals were good, and Jake's heartbeat was good.
Pregnancy... I had heard that dreams become more frequent while you are pregnant and this has been true over the last few weeks.  I keep having these dreams about being on a basketball team.  I have not had a desire to play basketball since I was in high school and it seems like now I can't wait to get on a court and play again!  I'm sure this urge will pass as soon as I have had Jake though!

No comments:

Post a Comment