Thursday, November 1, 2012

31 Weeks

(A little late on this post and no chalkboard for 31 weeks because we were getting ready to go out of town.)

How far along? 31 weeks ~ (October 25). I can't believe we are at single digits countdown for weeks left to go!!
I loved... How two strangers were very caring and helpful to me when I pulled into a gas station on my way home from work Thursday because my car was getting overheated. I had no idea what to do, but these two nice men told me to stand back and they would check under the hood of my car. They were very concerned about anything coming out from the hood and burning me. They were able to get my car cooled down so I could get home.  They said I had a leak and I definitely needed to get it checked out. They made me promise that if the temperature went up again that I would immediately pull over. (I think they really felt sorry for me being pregnant!) I made it home... And Brian will be the next one to drive that car... Right to a repair shop!! (Side note... when Brian went to take my car to the shop, my tire was also going flat ~ I had run over a screw!)
Some highlights from the week... Friday- We enjoyed a very nice dinner with Brandon and Lindsay to celebrate the hard work of Brian and Brandon with Inspect-All. 

Saturday- Brian and I worked some more on the nursery. Brian installed a ceiling fan and everything went smoothly and worked perfectly! I painted the blades to match the stripes on the walls. We also put together the crib (Brian's sister, Brooke, gave us the one her son had used) again everything went together perfectly and we brought up the furniture we had painted as well (given to us by Brian's other sister, Brittany)



Sunday- my first shower!! Absolutely amazing!! My sisters-in-law put in a lot of time and effort and it was amazing!! They did a nautical theme, and I loved it! They even had a make a onesie station!




Monday- woke up with a headache, but still went to work only to leave after a half day. I went home and started feeling better so that gave me some time to organize all the stuff we were given at the shower. 
Tuesday- we had our annual HOA meeting and Brian presented his treasurer's report. He did a great job!!


Wednesday- Enjoyed the evening at church. Thursday- packed for the weekend in Jacksonville! We are headed to GA/FL. This will be Brian's 16th year in a row going down to Jacksonville and I think we will continue this as a family tradition!
How have I been feeling... Sometimes I feel so good that I still forget I'm pregnant(until I look down at my belly!)
Sweet memory... I text Brian when I get school every mornnig so he knows I arrived safely after my long commute.  Sometimes the cell phone service is not very good though so my texts do not always go through.  He will usually then email me to make sure I did make it when he does not get my text.  Friday morning, I did not realize that my text did not go through and I was getting ready for a parent conference so I did not have a chance to check my email and notice that Brian had emailed to check on me since he did not get my text.  He also tried calling my phone and it would ring over and over which made him more nervous because he knows when I am in the school I do not have any reception and I turn my phone off so it goes straight to voicemail.  Well, Brian ended up emailing 3 times to see if I made it, since he didn't hear from me he called the school.  I did not know it was him when the secretary told me I had a phone call, so I answered "Hello, this is Mrs. Lunsford."  Brian was very relieved to hear my voice!  Everyone in the office thought it was so sweet that Brian was so concerned and checking on his wife and baby!
Looking forward to: Being by the beach!! The weather forecast has changed drastically from the beginning of the week when it was predicted to be sunny and 80 degrees!! Hurricane Sandy changed that weather though!! It is now predicted 80% chance of rain and very windy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment