Thursday, August 9, 2012

20 Weeks! Half Way!


How far along? 20 Weeks
Maternity clothes? No.  This week at work I have been wearing just dresses and skirts that I wore pre-pregnancy.  I feel smaller this week though! 
Sleep: I am still sleeping pretty well, but I have started to try to sleep on my side more so I am not sleeping as soundly as I did on my stomach.  I had horrible shoulder pain last week, and I think it was from how I was sleeping so that is why I started more on the side.  So far this week the shoulder pain has not really been an issue!
It was fun being pregnant this week... When I told my students that I was pregnant.  Of course, they wanted to know what I was having and when I was due.  Their reactions made me laugh.  They were very kind saying I did not look anything like some of the "fat pregnant people" they had seen before.  They then all had stories about some relative getting large while pregnant!  One girl told me about how grumpy her auntie was the last month before she had her baby, and the girl said I hope you won't be like that!
Exciting Moment... Brian surprised me today by having flowers delivered to me at work to mark the half-way point of my pregnancy.  It is always so exciting to get flowers delivered at work and have the students and other teachers ask about them.  Daddy-to-be did good today! 
Movement: Last Friday, I felt movement!!!  It was awesome!  It felt like a little wave inside of me!  Brian was able to feel it as well!
Food cravings:  I am on a healthy kick right now of fruits and vegetables.  I eat the same thing every morning for breakfast ~ bagel with cream cheese and then for lunch a sandwich, pretzels, and plum or grapes.  On the way home from work, my snack of choice has been dried pineapple.
Have you started to show yet: Yes.  My students have been letting me know every day if they think I am showing or not.  Middle schoolers are quite funny!  One girl on Wednesday said, "Yeah you look bigger today than you did yesterday."  I agreed with her, but another boy starting yelling at the girl that you are never supposed to say anything like that to a woman!  I told him he was smart!  :)
Gender: BOY!!!  I am so excited about this!  We need to officially decide on a name though ~ right now we are thinking "Jacob Brian" and calling him Jake.  Our families seem to like it as do my students.  Middle schoolers are quite honest so I'm sure they would let me know if they did not like it!
Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy!  It has been a pretty easy week being back to school with students.  Normally the first week back, I am really tired but this week I really have not felt tired at all.  It's been great!
Looking forward to: Heading to Hilton Head for a wedding this weekend.  So excited to be going back to the beach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment