Thursday, December 20, 2012

3 Weeks ~ Week in Review

This is the first week that I have had Jake home during the day by myself!
The first day, Monday went great! Jake made it easy... He's been such a good baby! He seems to like his routine of diaper change, eat, sleep and then repeat every 2-3 hours! I was able to get several things done while Jake slept. Every morning I make a to do list to try to get stuff accomplished. I am able to even shower (though I do put comfy, lounge clothes on again since I won't be leaving the house at all!)
Funny though when Brian got home and he was mid sentence asking how my day was, he noticed I had pajama-like clothes on so he assumed the day had been bad! He was like oh no you are still in your pajamas!
Tuesday was a great day. In between taking care of Jake, I was able to do one of my favorite things... wrap Christmas presents!! That evening we did one of my least favorite things: we met with an insurance agent.
Thursday- Jake and I took it easy during the day since we didn't sleep as much last night. I realized we didn't sleep well because the nipple on the bottle I was feeding him with didn't have a hole so no milk was coming out. I felt so bad when I figured this out. My mom came over after work so she could watch Jake while Brian and I went to his company's Christmas party. This was the first time Brian and I went out since Jake was born. The party was at McCray's Tavern on the Lawrenceville Square. We stayed out until about 11... We had a great time, but I was definitely ready to get back home to see our little man!
Friday- A sad day for our nation... There was a shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut- 26 were killed, 20 of them children 6 or 7 years old. Truly heartbreaking. I just sat and held Jake most of the day while I watched the sad news coverage.
Saturday- slept in a little and that was nice!! Brian took some shifts with Jake and I got a really good amount of sleep!! I then went shopping for a few hours! Nice to get some more Christmas shopping done! Brian had fun hanging out with Jake. That evening we headed to McDonough for my work's Christmas party. Jake went to Mimi and Papa's for a few hours. We were a little nervous about the hour long car ride as the last time Jake was in the car more than 15 minutes, he was ready to get out! Jake did great though - he slept the whole way to my parents' house! Brian and I enjoyed the Christmas party- it was fun for me to see my co-workers after a month!




Jake did great at Mimi's and Papa's- they said he was a good boy! Mimi gave Jake a bottle right before we left and that was great as Jake slept the whole way home again!




Sunday- Brian took all the night time feedings with Jake and let me sleep!! He even took Jake downstairs for a little while so I could really get some deep sleep! Felt great!!! Brian then headed to the Falcons game with his brother, sister-in-law, and dad.




Brian's mom, sister, and three of our nieces came over to hang out with Jake and I during the game.








It was a lot of fun to see the cousins playing together!




We were excited for daddy to get home and build us a fire and just hang out!




Monday-
I'm feeling pretty good with the amount of sleep I'm able to get. Jake gets up every 3 hours for a bottle but he goes back to sleep pretty quickly and so do I then! Today was a pretty productive day of laundry and ordering a couple Christmas presents. Jake sat in my lap while I made my mom a calendar with her grandkids' pictures. Didn't think Jake would be here to be included in this year's calendar but it's great that he is!
Brian does such a great job of interacting and already playing with (or messing with) Jake at night. Brian is the one to work with Jake for tummy time and and getting him to work on gaining strength. Jake used his play mate that was his cousin Kylie's for the first time tonight, He was not too happy laying there, but I think he was more upset because I woke him up so he would be tired for bedtime later. A couple times he would reach up for one of the little dangling stuffed animals. Brian is so wonderful! It is so sweet to see and hear Brian with Jake!

Our sweet little monkey had a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment