Monday, December 24, 2012

4 Weeks ~ Week in Review

Tuesday- One of our neighbors came over and brought us diapers and some clothes. She had a little boy in August. So very kind of her. We did not really know her, but she had seen the 'It's a boy' balloon that our family had put on our mailbox. She said people were generous when she had her little boy so she wanted to do the same! I love the idea of paying it forward!

Wednesday- Jake stayed home with daddy while I went to a Christmas party with the high school girls from church. So fun and so great to see those girls! They also surprised me with a baby shower!! They had it planned for the Wednesday after Thanksgiving, but Jake had other plans and came early!! I didn't get any pictures though! :(

Friday- We had Jake's one month check up at the doctor. These appointments are very exciting for us- we love to see how much Jake has grown. Brian and I and my family take bets on how much his weight is going to be. Brian was closest by guessing 7pounds 3ounces but that was still too low for our growing boy... He weighed 7pounds 10.5ounces!! At first when I saw the numbers on the scale, I thought it was broken! The doctor told us that Jake is right where he should be even with full term babies developmentally and physically!! We are so thankful he is doing so well!


Saturday- Operation Get Ready for Christmas was in full effect today. I finished up last minute shopping while Brian stayed home with Jake.

Sunday- Last night was not Jake's best night! We figured out his tummy hurt but nothing seemed to make Jake feel better so he was up more than usual. We finally figured out some good positions to lay him with his feet up that helped and we were all able to get a little sleep. I then headed off to church. Operation Get Ready for Christmas continued today as I finished up grocery shopping. We are hosting Christmas Eve at our house so I then prepared the food for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment