Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dogs!




Normally dogs scare me, but for some reason these two dogs tugged at my heart!
They were stray dogs that wandered up to our lake house and stayed a couple of days one weekend. They were extremely skinny- it was so sad. It was obvious they had been on their own for awhile, and needed some help. They were very sweet dogs- they didn't jump or bark! My kind of dogs! We figured they had to have been someone's pets before because they were so well behaved.
Brian tried calling animal control, but they are closed on the weekends. We ended up giving the dogs some food and water, but just leaving them there when we headed home. They had ticks and probably fleas on them so we didn't want to touch them or put them in our car. When we got home I couldn't stop thinking about them and even mentioned to Brian a couple of times how we should have brought them home! He couldn't believe what he was hearing from me! He reminded me that one dog is plenty for us!
I kept thinking about the dogs though and we had heard that a neighbor had called animal control, so I decided to email them and see of they had the dogs and how they were doing. A lady emailed me back and said they did have these two sweet dogs and they were all cleaned up and getting plenty of food and they were just waiting to be adopted. That made me feel better. I really hope someone takes them home!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment