Monday, June 25, 2012

Dream ~ Day 4 at St. Thomas and St. John

The main reason we chose this cruise was because of its stop in St. Thomas and then we could ferry over to St. John.  Brian lived on St. John for 6 months, so he was excited to be able to show me around.

Pulling into St. Thomas...






The ferry ride to St. John was only about 20 minutes so that was not bad at all.  Brian immediately started smiling as we started to pull into St. John and he started to recognize things.



This was one of the bars that Brian would frequent when he lived here.  They have $1 Happy Hour drink specials!


Upstairs is where Brian worked while he lived here (though it has changed names since then)...


We then decided to take a taxi up to Trunk Bay.  This was an adventure... The taxi is just a pick up truck that has two benches along the inside of the bed of the truck.  Nothing really to hold onto, and the taxi drivers go very fast up the hills and around the curves.  Our taxi driver was going a little fast and ended up rearending the taxi in front of us!  Since there was nothing for me to hold onto, I was slammed into the front part of the truck.  I ended up scraping my knee and getting some bruises on my arm.  The taxi driver did not check to see if we were okay, instead he got out of the truck yelled at the guy he had just hit and then got back in the truck and we drove away!  It was bizarre!  It made for a memory though!  I laughed because Brian had thought about renting a car and I told him that we should just take taxis because I thought that would be safer! Ha!

The taxi driver did stop so we could get some awesome pictures overlooking Trunk Bay...




I was completely beside myself with how beautiful the beach at Trunk Bay was.  The water was so clear.  This beach is often rated in the top 10 beaches around the world!





We could even see a sting ray swimming around us!


We decided to head up to another beach at Cinnamon Bay (Kenny Chesney sings about this place in one of his songs and has a house there)... Breathtaking again...



We had a great time in St. John and I can't wait for Brian to take me back!

The most beautiful sunset was when we were leaving St. Thomas!




We appreciated the teenage boy on the balcony next to us that volunteered to jump over the railing to get a picture for me and Brian together with the sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment