Sunday, June 10, 2012

Our lake getaway

Brian and I went to Lake Oconee by ourselves for the weekend, and it was lovely to get away just the two of us!

We went down Friday after work (well after Brian's workday- summer for me so no work schedule!!). We did our usual of picking up Chick-fil-A (using calendar coupons) on the way down to the lake- the best part being the banana pudding milkshake we shared!

We enjoyed a couple of hours on the boat Friday night and enjoyed watching a gorgeous sunset.



Saturday I was up early writing another paper for my doctorate program. I try to get a lot done in the mornings so Brian and I can enjoy the rest of the day together.

We enjoyed a wonderful day on the water with lots of sun. We anchored in the middle of the lake and enjoyed lunch and the beautiful day together on the boat.

We attended a wedding that evening in Greensboro for a longtime friend of Brian's. It was a sweet ceremony and a very fun reception at Harbor Club. They even had a make your own ice cream sundae bar!






No comments:

Post a Comment