Friday, June 29, 2012

Flat...

Tire! I think I have the worst luck when it comes to tires! I had 4 flat tires last summer, and last night I got another one! Unfortunately, it was night time so it was dark and I was by myself on the side of the interstate!

I think I must have hit something because I heard some noise and then a minute later, my check tire pressure light was on and the car was starting to shake. I quickly pulled over and called AAA. I didn't even want to get out and check the tire because the traffic on the interstate seemed so close and they were going so fast. I was happy that I had just noticed a mile marker on the interstate so I was able to give AAA a pretty good idea of where I was.

AAA quickly started the process to send assistance and they asked if I wanted the police to respond. I told the lady that I didn't want to seem like a big baby but I didn't feel very safe in the dark on the side of the road like that. She reassured me that people request the police all the time.

While I was on the phone with AAA, I texted Brian and told him I had a flat tire on I-20. He was at the Braves game a distance away so I knew there was nothing he could do to help. After I hung up with AAA, Brian tried to talk to me and give me a play by play of the Braves game. I was a little distracted and scared worrying about the traffic and being by myself, I wasn't really able to follow the game but it was sweet of Brian to try to help!

A sheriff's deputy responded pretty quickly and I was very comforted having him behind me with his lights on. The traffic moved over a lane and slowed down since he was there.

A tow truck with AAA responded pretty quickly and got my spare put on (I was thankful that there was not too much stuff in my trunk!). Driving on a spare tire on the interstate was not so fun either! The tow truck driver told me to not go over 45mph and just drive with my emergency flashers on. The speed limit is 70mph so all the cars and trucks were flying around me!

I was so happy to finally pull into our garage around midnight and get out of that car!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment